Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Groundhog Day

I'm currently trapped on two pages of script where one character launches into its tyrade of how I am obviously the root of all Evil. I'm not. I am Evil's second cousin, but due to a rural upbringing perhaps I am Evil's Big Sister - which is true, depending on which side of the fence you're sitting on. As a general rule it is very difficult to sit on the metaphorical fence itself for two reasons:

1) It's a metaphor. A type of lie told for effect.
2) As far as metaphors go, this one would be barbwired with 50,000 volts of electricity up your arse if you tried to sit on it.

But the beauty of ignoring the character is that it is not dialogue at all, his soliloquy is merely a madman ranting into thin air....

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Stuart said...

Have you tried Adaptation?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home