Tuesday, August 15, 2006

When the going gets tough, the tough learn to drive

[or a Government warning message rolling across the bottom of your screen] "...citizens are advised to keep off all South London roads, footpaths and or driveways. If at all possible, remain indoors..."

I'm having my first London driving lesson on Friday afternoon (6pm). Those who know me have already made a note of the time and date, have stocked up on bottled water and tinned goods and won't come out of their houses until 7pm.

The more worrying part is that I am not sitting my theory test until Monday, showing that in this country, knowledge of the Highway Code is not essential to learning to drive, however you do need to pass both the theory and practical tests at some point to collect your full licence. I tried sending in the obligatory amount of Weetbix tokens but haven't heard anything back. Perhaps Weetbix tokens are not legal tender after all.

In good news I am now a junior press officer [albeit by default] but am really enjoying it so far. Perhaps it is the new challenges, the excitement of my new job title, or the joy that is a reporting line without twats - whatever it is, so far it is working for me. Touch wood-type product that it continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home